COACHES PROMISE TO PLAYERS AND PARENTS
Our Coaches are leaders, dedicated to more than the basics of competition. As professional educators, leaders, and role models for players, NY Bulldogs coaches promise to do their best to:
- Exemplify the highest character as a role model for young players.
- Recognize the individual worth and reinforce the self-image of each team member.
- Help define realistic team goals for each season with the players.
- Encourage and assist players to set personal sports and school goals.
- Proved a safe, challenging and encouraging environment for practice and competition.
- Gain an awareness of the importance of prevention, care, and treatment of athletic injuries.
- Teach and abide by the rules of the game.
- Build and maintain ethical relationships with players, parents, coaches and opponents.
- Strive for excellence in coaching skills and techniques through professional improvement.
- Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat.
PLAYER’S CODE OF CONDUCT
We expect our players to promise the following:
- To develop the skills necessary to participate competently.
- To demonstrate knowledge of the rules and situations of the game.
- To be dependable in fulfilling obligations and commitments.
- To accept responsibility for consequences of actions, to not make excuses or blame others.
- To be committed.
- To persevere and give 100% effort at all times. Demonstrate sportsmanship. Display positivity.
- To play by the rules of the game and demonstrate truthfulness.
- To control anger and frustration and refrain from displays of temper and bad language.
- To accept losing and winning graciously.
- To keep commitments to the team.
- To show team spirit, encourage others and contribute to good morale.
- To put the good of the team ahead of personal goals.
- To set a good example for teammates, younger athletes, and fans.
- Players will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including to the following:
First Offense: 1 game suspension
Second Offense: 2 game suspension
Third Offense: Expulsion from program without refund
PARENT’S CODE OF CONDUCT
Parents play a vital role in the development of their child in association with the NY Bulldogs staff. We expect parents to do the following:
- Be the primary source of positive encouragement for your child.
- Be a fan of the team, not just your child.
- Show respect for your child’s opponents, teammates, coaches and officials.
- Let the coaches coach. Please do not instruct from the sidelines.
- Help their child learn that success is experienced in the development of their skills and that they can feel good about themselves, win or lose.
- Address concerns with coaches in an appropriate manner, including proper time and place.
- Respect the coaches decisions and show your support of decisions